Proposals meeting the following criteria may qualify for potential funding:
- Minimum funding amount of USD 15 million (fifteen million US dollar) for Circular Economy and Sustainable Energy Proposals. The Funding Panel will consider and encourage Proposals seeking amounts that are significantly larger.
- Minimum funding amount of USD 5 million (five million US dollar) for Social Impact Proposals. The Funding Panel will consider and encourage Proposals seeking amounts that are larger.
- Proposals must be implemented in Asia have a positive impact.
- Proposers may refer to the UNDP Environmental and Social Guideline and the 2012 IFC Performance Standards for Environmental and Social Sustainability and the applicable World Bank Group Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines as minimal standards for mitigation of negative impact.
- Proposals can be from all sectors except for nuclear power, the weapons industry, coal mining, coal-fired power plants, and the tobacco industry.
- At least 25% of funding raised must be utilized within three months of receiving the funding and the remainder must be utilized within nine months of receiving the funding, unless otherwise agreed upon on a proposal-by- proposal basis.
- Proposals are to be submitted via the submission section of the SFC Asia website.